Book Review – How Cloud changed the world forever
In this series of epmwise.com, we intend to bring you the crux of some of the must read books specially in the business and productivity arena. Our effort, we hope , will help you to get close to the soul of the author and the book. Below is our collection of this book by Marc Benioff who not only founded Salesforce.com but also changed the face of cloud computing. In the era of the likes of google, Amzon and Microsoft salesforce.com came from nowhere and still was able to make the difference.
Here are our top 11 quotes from this book. In our view, we feel, these quotes embody the whole idea that Marc Benioff wanted us to take away.
1. Realize that you won’t be able to bring the same focus to everything in the beginning
2. There won’t be enough people or enough hours in the day. So focus on the 20 percent that makes 80 percent of the difference
3. One idea alone is a tactic, but if it can be executed a number of different ways, it becomes a great strategy
4. There is a Japanese belief that business is temporal, whereas relationships are eternal.
5. Keep in mind that the landscape is always changing; you must always examine what’s working, evolve your ideas, and change the way you do things
6. Secret of producing best possible product was to keep people happy and fulfilled
7. Whether or not you engage a PR firm, always ask yourself, “What is my message”?
8. Companies must embrace bold marketing tactics from the beginning in order to break through all the industry noise
9. Don’t be afraid to take time off when you need it. You could learn something that will change the course of your life, and at the least you will stave off the burnout that plagues so many driven, entrepreneurial people.
10. People weren’t attending these events to meet us. They were coming to meet other people using the products
11. A market doesn’t exist until there is a competitor, and ideally two or three competitors. Competition is good.
Do you have any of your favorite quote from this book, that you want to share? Please share your feedback, comments, reviews.